Re: TB: Sultan's Palace, with photo

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] TB: Sultan's Palace, with photo
  • From: <willwarner@alltel.net>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 19:37:06 -0600

Linda, Here's a pic of Sultan's Palace from this past spring.   I didn't
mess with the color, but I think the camera might have. :)  It's not quite
this red.  I took this pic at night.  I wasn't taking a picture of the moth,
he just got in the way. Sultans Palace grows wonderfully here, and I
really like the branching.  I used it in some crosses, and got 3 takes. two
of those with SA pollen.   The stalk with the plic looking bud is Ominous
Stranger.  Sultans palace is the reddest iris I've grown.  This summer I
planted Vizier, Infrared, and Red Rooster to see who's the reddest of
them all.  Do you grow any of those?
Will Warner
SW MO
zone 6