Re: TB: Sultan's Palace

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: TB: Sultan's Palace
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@volfirst.net>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 07:33:11 -0500

I have some seedlings from HARVEST OF MEMORIES X SP that should bloom
next spring, but haven't used it with anything else.  It's a good one
here too.  A bit early some years & gets damaged by late freezes, but
pretty reliable.

I grow VIZIER, but not the other two.  V is a different color - more
purple? or something - more like LADY FRIEND?

In the checklist, SP is described as <maroon-red>, VIZIER as <raspberrry
to cranberry garnet>

Same pigments, mixed in different proportions? different pigments?

Patience, Betty - my Bulletin arrived yesterday.

<Sultans Palace grows wonderfully here, and I
                   really like the branching.  I used it in some
crosses, and got 3 takes. two
                   of those with SA pollen.   The stalk with the plic
looking bud is Ominous
                   Stranger.  Sultans palace is the reddest iris I've
grown.  This summer I
                   planted Vizier, Infrared, and Red Rooster to see
who's the reddest of
                   them all.  Do you grow any of those?
                   Will Warner
                   SW MO