Re: Re: TB: reds

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: TB: reds
  • From: "Margie Valenzuela" <IrisLady@comcast.net>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 20:16:06 -0700

----- Original Message ----- Linda Mann said:
the color in your photo of WARRIOR KING looks exactly like
color of SULTAN'S PALACE here, except for the yellow tones in the heart
of SP.  Maybe that's what your notes about bronze coloring meant?

Linda,

That is the bronze effect I was talking about - - only it also seemed to cast the same sheen on the rest of the petals as well. (Possibly the desert sunlight reflecting the yellow tones located in the heart further onto the petals.)  Where as Warrior King - here for me anyway - - is a cleaner red.

Wills photo shows a cleaner red iris than I remember too.  But then the photo is at night with a flash - - so it gives a different color effect.

I may have to grow it again in a different area to see if still gives that same bronze-red effect.

Linda, or Will, or anyone - - How is the substance on Sultan's Palace?  I don't remember that aspect of it at all.

Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.
Zone 8/9
IrisLady@comcast.net