Re: lastbloom

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] lastbloom
  • From: "Pearl Doyle" <pdoyle@our-town.com>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 22:24:04 -0600

Margie, even though I have been preparing for this freeze expected tonight, I still had a lot of things to do. Therefore adding the names of my iris escaped my attention when I sent the picture. They are Autumn Circus on the left, Winesap in the middle, Earl of Essex on the right and the yellow is Sunny Disposition. Winesap has never had but one bloom open for me. The Earl has been blooming since the last of August. Autumn Circus was a new aquisition last fall and had some problems with rot this summer. Still, after treatment, it rebounded and came back with a lovely bloom stalk. Sunny Disposition skipped the spring bloom and was putting on quite a show until the weather came in. I have a stalk on Golden Immortal but it was not even showing color. I put a sock over it for tonight hoping I can get it through this freeze. I don't really hold a lot of hope for it, though.