Re: REB: unknown bicolor again

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: REB: unknown bicolor again
  • From: "irischap" irischapman@netscape.net
  • Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 15:52:25 -0000

Very large photos such as those by David present a number of problems.
That program doesn't solve it as picture still needs to be downloaded,
on dialup, it takes about 5-10 minutes a photo, the program can then
resize it but it doesn't save time. Dial up is the only option for
people out in the country as fast speed has to be within a certain
distance from the relay station. Also in the countryside, cable (cable
TV) is not available. A picture that size has to be scrolled to be
seen as it doesn't fit on the screen. The computer moniter shows
photos (actullay all data ) at either 72 or 96 dpi and the 300 dpi is
suitable only for printing photos in photo quality. Its easy using
any photo management program to reduce the photo to a size that fits
the screen, is a large photo and still has reduced size. If anyone
wants a larger photo, for what ever reason, just contact the poster,
off list.

The archive list allows you to resize photo by clicking on photo as
its being down loaded, so you can get it on screen ( no need to
purchase anything, just got to archive to view) but it still has to
down load the whole picture.

Also large pictures like this can quickly overload a mailbox,
particullarly if it isn't opened for a few days. This results in
bounced mail , often requiring much work to reset connections etc.

The rules are there for a purpose, and as someone with dial up., as it
as the only option I have, I agree with the rules. At least half the
members of this list are in the same position. It's not being cheap,
its the only option for many people

If you wish to have the rules reconsidered, post directly to list manager.

Chuck Chapman

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, "KEITH MINEO" <kmineo@p...> wrote:

> Dana,
> Just down load,  PHOTODEX. COM AND    http://www.photodex.com/ get
their photo library program for 19.99, called COMPUPIC

> . IT is great. Once loaded and installed. Right click on a photo ,
save it and it automaticallly resizes it for you. I like that large
photos so i can see them . Thanks David for leaving them large...
Dana, you will be glad you did get the program.

a lonnnng time to download on my dial up email.  They are beautiful
and I love seeing them but please, compress them down to about 50 kb.