RE: REB: unknown bicolor again

  • Subject: RE: [iris-photos] REB: unknown bicolor again
  • From: "Dana Brown" DanaBrown@peoplepc.com
  • Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 14:27:35 -0600

Keith,

            Thanks for the info, honestly, but I have paint shop pro and use it to resize my own pictures.  Maybe this info should be directed to the senders who need to download this program so that they can resize their pix before sending.  If you like the big pix and want the greater detail, you can always email the sender and ask them to please resend to you at full size.

Cathy,

I’m not berating anyone, I like David and enjoy his pix, but if everyone posted pix that size or larger some of us would never be able to download all of them, especially during bloom time when everyone is posting.

I don’t know of a list that automatically resizes the pictures for you, do you?  If there is one out there I would be interested in checking it out.  Of course, Yahoo is free, so that is something that would have to be considered when checking out someplace that provides the sizing and linking service you mentioned.  Given the lack of funds donated to hort.net when he issued a plea for money to update his systems, I have to wonder how many in this group would be interested in paying for that service.

As for the time it takes, I find I can resize a pix in under 2 minutes and for me 2 minutes is worth the effort to share with the group.  Another option for you might be to send your pix to one of the picture album sites and then provide a link back to it for those on this group to visit.  That way you wouldn’t have to resize your pix and we wouldn’t have to wait for them to download.

I would love to have high speed internet and the moment it is available out here I will subscribe but, that won’t change the fact that the rules on this group require we keep our pix down to 50-75 kb.  One other thing to consider is storage space for all these big pix.  Our archives are kept by hort.net and he has a finite amount of storage.  Smaller pix allow him to archive more pix in the same amount of space.

            Sorry for stirring up a hornet’s nest,

            Dana

Dana Brown

AIS Region 17 RVP