Re: REB: unknown bicolor again

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] REB: unknown bicolor again
  • From: irischapman@netscape.net
  • Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 20:20:09 -0500

In photoshop, (depends on which version)  you  may have a "Save For
Web"  button which  works very well to reduce amount of details. The
moniters can't show the amount of detail tht is contained in the file
so cutting down this information doesn't have much of an effect on the
quality of the picture.
If you change pixtal  size (dpi) to 72 dpi, you can then  resize the
picture to what size it is on screen. When saving for web (in either PS
or PS for Web,  there is a quality button. By reducing the quality you
reduce size. A photo with many colour shadings may need to be set in a
higher quality. Most photos can be reduced in quality and the
information lost doesn't much effect how the photo looks on the
moniter. I have been able to reduce some photos that are 4"square to
under 16 k. For examples, go to my website <www.chapmaniris.com> . Most
of these photos are under 20k (believe it)  and quality is still great.
It does take a little practice but most 6"photos can be reduced to 50k
or less and still give all the details on the screen that you can see
on a moniter screen, regardless of the quality of the screen

Chuck Chapman