ADMIN: File Sizes

  • Subject: [iris-photos] ADMIN: File Sizes
  • From: John I Jones jijones@usjoneses.com
  • Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 08:23:51 -0800

You know, problems always seem to happen when I am away for the weekend.

I understand that some of you would like to see bigger pictures for
whatever reason you have. I appreciate all the suggestions on how to
resolve this issue.

I will look into some way to be able to provide that kind of service,
but we are not going to be sending 500KB files over the
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com list

In the meantime

I have noted in the list welcome message that the recommended file size
is 50 KB. That is a reasonable size file for a compressed jpg image. It
is not a hard and fast rule, but anything over 100KB will get my
attention and anyone who routinely sends large files will hear from me.

It is in the best interests of the list as a whole. Please pay
attention to the file sizes you send to the list.

If you see a picture that you like a lot and want to see a better
version of the image, write privately to the owner and ask if they have
a higher resolution they can send you.

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Director, American Iris Society