Re: Re:ADMIN: File sizes

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re:ADMIN: File sizes
  • From: cseggen1@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 16:26:15 EST

In a message dated 11/10/2005 3:05:38 PM Central Standard Time, bardraj2003@yahoo.ca writes:
I personally can't see it would make any difference in terms of dial up.....and at a total size of
200kb it would be pretty hard to tell since it really doesn't take that long (I usually have a 44 kb to
50kb per second speed though - I guess that's 4 seconds per email download time).

I know of a lily list for which file size was an ongoing problem, the solution was to create
another list for larger size photos.   They allow posting up to 1,000kb or yahoo's limit
which I really don't think is necessary, most of them come through around 500kb....I of
course had to join cause I love large photos.

Sandra

MY dial up sometimes is at 44kb......sometimes it is 23k so big files take a long time to download and it also depends on the computer.  Personally, I like the smaller size for my particular online problems as I don't have much other choice where I live.

Connie Eggen
Warsaw, MO zone 5+

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS