Re: REB:Seedlings:1814-1Re

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos]REB:Seedlings:1814-1Re
  • From: Bruce & Linda Silversity@comcast.net
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 17:11:47 -0600

Title: Re: [iris-photos]REB:Seedlings:1814-1Re
Wow!  Great color and shape!  Really nice combo and a rebloomer to boot!  Love it!
Zone 7
Lascassas, TN

This cross is Radiant Bliss X Summer Radiance.  (both mine and both rebloomers)  Working toward a good red on yellow/gold reblooming plicata.  Radiant Bliss is plicata and Summer Radiance is a bright yellow self.  I did not get any plicatas from this cross, and the seedlings followed the patterns I expected from TWIO.  Understand variegatas are common from these crosses too, but I don't recall any.

1814-1Re first bloomed this spring and was my favorite of the cross.  The lines do indicate plicata?  It now has 3 stalks that will not bloom as we are forecast below freezing night temps most of the coming week.

1814-2Re first bloomed this fall (I think)  REB:1814-2Re <http://www.hort.net/lists/iris-photos/oct05/msg00095.html>

I hope to make a sibling cross with these two next spring.  If I interpret correctly, I can expect to get some red on yellow plicatas?  Chuck or anyone with time?

Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website:
www.thegardensite.com/irises/bridgeintime/ <http://www.thegardensite.com/irises/bridgeintime/>
Reblooming Iris - Home Page <http://www.rebloomingiris.com/>