HYB: Drinks at Sunset X Zurich

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] HYB: Drinks at Sunset X Zurich
  • From: "Robin Shadlow" rshadlow@wildmail.com
  • Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 23:19:13 -0600

Well, since Linda asked,yes, those seedlings are opening up now.  Of course
if I want to get a good shot of them, I have to drag the pot outdoors without
snapping the stalk off in the process.

I'm posting these just so you can see what the cross did.  The first photo is
one that isn't so horrid, but nothing special either.  Some ruffle, ok
branching, not sure, but I think the beard may be a little useful in getting
something more fun on the next generation crossed back on a bicolor seedling.
 I'll watch it and see how it does in the spring.  It produced multiple fall
stalks.

Most of the cross was pale yellow, though there was one with violet flounces.
 Several in the cross were triple socketed.  Four or five did produce out of
season stalks.

The second photo is a sib that bloomed in August.  I think that the form on
top seedling would have been significantly better had it stayed warm enough
just a day or two more, bringing them inside does rather shock their systems.

Robin Shadlow
zone 5 NE

hmm, probably shouldn't document my insanity quite so well  : )

Over 10 million children die from preventable or treatable diseases
every year. Urge Congress to act today: http://go.care2.com/childact

http://www.Care2.com  Free e-mail. 100MB storage.  Helps charities.