Re: My first germinations from 2005 seed

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Re: My first germinations from 2005 seed
  • From: thomas silvers tesilvers@yahoo.com
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 11:14:18 -0800 (PST)

I figured it's such a slow time of year for pictures,
that I'd send pictures of the parents of the crosses
I'd mentioned (in an posting on Iris-Talk).

The plicata is one of the five most strongly
purple-based foliage (PBF) seedlings from 'Kupari' X
'Rosemarys Dream'. All of the seedlings in this cross
were plicata.

The bunch of amoenas and purples are from 'Kupari' X
suaveolens var.rubromarginata. The best red-margined
one is a purple flowered one.

I have sprouted seeds of:

the PBF plicatas X the amoenas

and

the best red-margined X the PBF plicatas

I'd like to see some exaggerated purple foliage
expression. But even if not, it should be interesting
to see how glaciata, amoena and plicata genes interact
at the diploid level.

http://farechase.yahoo.com