Re: holland calling

  • Subject: Re: holland calling
  • From: "loictasquier" <tasquierloic@cs.com>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 01:21:35 -0000

These sdlgs come from the 150 pod i got last year.
they germinated in april,i replanted them in june, and some have
already bloomed in september!
I just sent the picture ofDD05-49a

Most of them are SDB X SDB
Some are IB X SDB / TB X SDB/TB X TB also
but i try to have at least oneREbloomer in each cross. (two are
better of course but i have a hard time to focus 100% on my goal to
make REbloomers!)
In the end i might have sdlgs with enough RE genes to get a big % of
Rebloomers every year.

I don't use pumillas. i love that heavy substance of
the "new"irises, that can resit the rain, and pumillas are a bit too
soft for the wet countries where i live!
Talk to you soon
Loic

-- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, "Francesca Thoolen"
<arilpums@...> wrote:

> Hi Loic, Whew! that is a lot of dwarf irises you have planted. Are
all of these your crosses? Are these all pumilas, or mdbs with some
pumila in their background. When they are pumila I am particular
interested in obtaining some when available. The pumilas have become
neglected in the last 30-40 years when they discovered crossed with
TBs they could get SDBs when these SDBs were ntercrossed among
themselves they discovered that many SDB breeding broght small
version and had to be classified as MDB. That is confusing, so one
must be very careful when choosing parents that the right parents
are being used to obtain fertile lines to get on with another
generation without frustrations. Although many people try the odd
crosses and it seems to me a lot of work to obtain a few. It is o.k.
if you like to do this, but do keep in mind the pro's and the con's.
I look forward to next spring when you will share your photos with
us (with parentages included). Sounds like you will have a wonderful
surprise. If you are interested in getting arilpums which the result
of crossing tetraploid OGs and RCs with pure pumilas, you must do
just that; cross tetraploid with tetraploid. Have fun.

> Francesca
> arilpums@...

seedling! I
> also like the parents chosen. It would be nice to see it in a
clump
> when you have one. I would like to see down into it. In other
words
> the photo taken at a higher height than the flower and down into
the
> heart. The colors should show beautifully. Send on more photos.
You
> have succeeded in sending the first one. My husband was raised
in
> Holland and so knows how to pronounce Eitje but how would you
tell
> the iris members how to pronounce it? Maybe "Eyetya" ?
> Congratulations. Your last name is not Dutch but maybe French or
> Belgian?
> >
> > Francesca
> > arilpums@

__._,_.___