Re: sdb-DD05-49a

  • Subject: Re: sdb-DD05-49a
  • From: "loictasquier" <tasquierloic@cs.com>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 14:52:00 -0000

Hello Becky

Great talking to you!

RETURNING CHAMELON has bloomed here last month, it didn't seem to
have pollen. Maybe it's because it had been planted only 2 months...
I dabbed it with CURTAIN UP, BANANA CREAM, GUMBY, MIDSUMMER'S EVE,
JELLY BELLY, PROTON AND MATRIX, but nothing took!
Maybe in the spring it will be "broody".

I'm happy you agree with the idea of sharing. Let's start:
What is this iris-talk group you're talking of?
Maybe i should join it, because i realize this one is for photos,
and people might not like my talking about irises if there is
another place for it!

About irises:
I'm more interested in creating smaller irises than big ones. In
Holland, gardens are VERY small. In America, you just can't imagine
what they call a garden here:
5 meters X 2meters in front of the house, then a terrasse of 5metres
X 2metres behind the house with a "GARDEN" of 5metres X 3metres......
So they have 25m2 to plant!

So sdb and ib should be welcome here!
And if they rebloom, then it's perfect!
TB rapidly become a nuisance, are pulled, and that's it for irises.
The Duch don't like them.
So my goal is to concentrate genes in order to have rebloom from
july till the end of october, on smaller species and make the Duch
crazy about them.
There are worse goals in life!

Now you know me better.

Talk to you soon
Loic

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, Autmirislvr@... wrote:

> In a message dated 11/15/2006 2:23:26 A.M. Central Standard Time,
> tasquierloic@... writes:
>
> <<It would be nice, instead of working each one in ones corner,
> share precise information, in order to share the work, and come
up
> with a wider range of results to share.
>
> Like a big team-work around the world!>>
>
> Loic, I like the way you think and talk!
>
> Most of the people that are working with rebloom are going in
different
> directions, and that is great. We have different interests and
goals.

> A few of us, who are working on tall bearded reblooming irises,
seem to
> share a concept, but still have different cultivars available, and
different
> favorites. It's a very diverse group.
>
> Shared information may help us reach our collective goals
faster. It's
> definitely worth the effort.
>
> Thanks!!
>

> (I'm putting this on iris talk too)
> Betty Wilkerson. in South-central KY Zone 6 ---
> Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website:
> Where the seeds are in the pots once again!
> _www.thegardensite.com/irises/bridgeintime/_
> (http://www.thegardensite.com/irises/bridgeintime/)
> _Reblooming Iris - Home Page_ (http://www.rebloomingiris.com/)
> _iris-photos archives_ (http://www.hort.net/lists/iris-photos/)