Re: HYB: rebloom seedling

  • Subject: Re: HYB: rebloom seedling
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 15:33:38 EST

In a message dated 11/17/2006 12:55:19 P.M. Central Standard Time, jgcrump@cox.net writes:
<<Was either the color or the rebloom a surprise? >>

I was more surprised with the color.  With Radiant Bliss and Summer Radiance being the parents, the rebloomers (5 so far) didn't come as too much of a surprise.  The others have been some shades of golden honey.  1814-2Re (my favorite) was crossed to a yellow repeat from the 1810 batch.  Can't wait!

I'm sure I'll find red when I go back in the ancestry.

I originally posted this to show what can happen when you cross a plicata and a self!   Radiant Bliss is attached.

Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6 ---
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website:
Reblooming Iris - Home Page
iris-photos archives