Re: Improving shape AND rebloom

  • Subject: Re: Improving shape AND rebloom
  • From: "loictasquier" <tasquierloic@cs.com>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 18:05:16 -0000

1808 looks as if an enormous bubble bee had gotten stuck in the
flower, it's not only big, it looks fat!

in order to get to iris-talk I did what i've been told, get an email
to majordomo and put "iris register"
nothing hapened
thought i might get sth back
but no
i clicked on iris-talk at the end of your mail where there is a
list of sites
i got on it, it's great, i put it in my Favourites, so i can get
there easily, but i don't know how to relly be part of it

maybe oneday i'll see the little thing i hadn't seen that i should
have clicked on, or something else that will get me in.

there's still hope!

i understand it's not the place for iris talk here but only
pictures, still, we can talk here of the pictures, can't we?

thanks for your patience anyway
loic

fat!--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, Autmirislvr@... wrote:

> Where to begin? Have you signed up for Iris-talk?
>
> <<1-It's hard to compare pictures not taken at the same time with
different
> cameras. But your picture shows very bright colours compared to
Cantina.
> Have you managed such an improvement or is it the over saturation
of the
> picture that gives this effect.(shame on me to doubt your
achievement)>>

> Part may be the cameras. That picture was taken in a friends
garden and
> emailed to me. My sister, who lives in the part of Arkansas that
has white
> sand, sent pictures. And I've seen it pictured from several
different parts of
> the country. In some cases, I wouldn't recognize it as the same
iris.

> The cross of Her Royal Highness X Inferno was made as a primary
cross for
> red. When I crossed the seedling with Feed Back, I got TC. It's
the only
> seedling I remember from that cross. The falls have more of the
blue/med purple
> look than does Cantina. Even in my garden, it varies in
intensity from year
> to year.
>
> TC is a fun parent. It's hard to know what I'm going to get.
The one I've
> attached is from ((Her Royal Highness x Inferno) x Journey) x
Tara's Choice X
> Angel Among Us. Pollen from a laced pink grandchild of Pink
Attraction. It
> looks plum in the bud. Again this is not a great picture, but
I'm
> captivated by the huge beard on this one. It's tipped white on
the ends.

> I've a few seedlings from Cantina x TC. Only eight were planted
out. They
> don't look strong.
>
> <<2-RE wise,i haven't tested Her royal highness long enough to
tell,and
> Cantina has just arrived, but can you tell if Feedbach has
improved Her royal
> highness RE performances?>>
>

> HRH didn't rebloom for me. Cantina has. TC is throwing some
interesting
> rebloom seedlings. In 2003 I failed to mark a cross onto TC. It
was one of
> the Ghio reds but I couldn't remember if it was Ritual or
Regimen. This has
> been an exceptional cross. Many rebloomers in a variety of
colors and
> patterns. Not all finished products by any means, but
interesting none the less.

> <<As a beginner,That should teach me two things :Patience, cos it
took you 2
> generations, and that's a lot of time, Hope, cos you show it's
possible, in
> only ( when we really put things into persperctive) two
generations to
> achieve with irises what has been impossible to do with humans in
centuries!>>

> Some times you get lucky. Or maybe it's the planning and
studying that does
> it. Many of my successes have been first generation--Bridge In
Time,
> Returning Chameleon, Summer Radiance, Radiant Bliss, Rebound &
Star Gate. In my
> eyes, Star Gate had a better sibling, but it bloomed itself to
death. Some
> times it just takes growing them for years!
>
> Breeding for rebloomers is not for the faint of heart. Some
times it gets
> very frustrating. Some classes are extremely difficult. For me,
red is an
> extremely hard class to work. There are many more pitiful
seedlings than good
> ones. I gave up at one time. And I'm close to it again. The
form is harder
> to get than the rebloom.

> Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6 ---
> Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website:
> Where the seeds are in the pots once again!
> _www.thegardensite.com/irises/bridgeintime/_
> (http://www.thegardensite.com/irises/bridgeintime/)
> _Reblooming Iris - Home Page_ (http://www.rebloomingiris.com/)
> _iris-photos archives_ (http://www.hort.net/lists/iris-photos/)