Re: CULT: Rebloom and freeze

  • Subject: Re: CULT: Rebloom and freeze
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 08:11:36 EST

In a message dated 11/20/2006 11:43:14 P.M. Central Standard Time, jgcrump@cox.net writes:
<<Freezing temperatures are forecast for tonight and in the 20s tomorrow night, so I have regretfully cut this bloomstalk and brought it inside, where it is beginning to open.  I would like to have seen it in the garden, but couldn't take the chance. >>
Griff, Many of us are starved for rebloom, even if it's frozen!  You'll get to see the approximate colors even if the form isn't true!    Inspiration perhaps??
My garden saw four consecutive frosts starting on Oct. 13.  Not one bloom has made it through to bloom since.  We've had warm spells that created new stalks.  Some reached 12-14 inches in height, but none have even shown color before another freeze came.
I feel extremely lucky to have had so much summer and early fall bloom. But, being me, I wanted MORE!  It's been good to see the things people have protected in various ways.  But, I'm still just a "teensy" bit jealous!  <vbg>
Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6 ---
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website:
Reblooming Iris - Home Page
iris-photos archives