Re: HYB-how do we apply pollen?

  • Subject: Re: HYB-how do we apply pollen?
  • From: "Linda Hunt" <nakihee@gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 06:40:22 -0600

I have a pair of reverse tweezers.  You push them to open them, and when you release, they hold onto what ever you grabbed.  I store the pollinated stamens in a small brown envelope or carry them from plant to plant as I pick them, depending on the locations and what plant I want to pollinate.  I apply the stamen pollen directly to the pod parent with those trusty tweezers.
Linda in Lascassas