AIS REGISTER-spelling swap

  • Subject: AIS REGISTER-spelling swap
  • From: John I Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 06:54:52 -0800

I can only say that with respect to"Welcome Aboard", the the
descriptions listed below accurately reflect the information in the
1999 and 1989 Checklists. I did not compare the rest of the

So there was no typing mistake in the irisregister information (in this
case at any rate). The '99 Checklist information in irisregister was
compiled from the original electronic version of the Checklist itself
(that is to say, the file that was sent to the printer). The '89
Checklist and prior were scanned and converted and have a few problems
with special characters (" in particular and others)

That is not to say that Ben did not make a mistake when he sent in the
registration information, but to have made the same mistake in so many
registrations spread over such a long time is not particularly
believable. Nor do I believe that the Registrar at the various times
would have made such a consistent mistake.

To my knowledge, Ben was a very careful record keeper. That he, early
on, confused Welcome Aboard with Welcome Reward is possible, anything
is) but in my mind doubtful.

I will ask the Registrar, but doubt we will get any further information,

On Nov 22, 2006, at 12:42 AM, loic tasquier wrote:

> I Think there's sth to check here
> As i was making the tree of WIND OF CHANGE  i thought sth was wrong:
> look at the picture of WELCOME REWARD, it CANNOT BE  the father!
> When you compare with it's sibling 4657 NEPTUNE'S COAT  you understand
> there must have been a swap in the spelling between WELCOME ABOARD and
> Especially if you consider that Hager had already used WELCOME ABOARD
> (Ben Hager, R. 1990). Sdlg. RE4384BlWh. TB 45" (114 cm) M & RE
> (Sept.-Oct./CA).
> "Lightly ruffled pale blue, fading to blue white; beards blue white.
> T3532LtBl: (White Elephant sib x Avalon Bay) X Welcome Aboard sib.
> Melrose 1990.
> (Ben Hager, R. 1990). Sdlg. RE4384RndBl. TB 32" (81 cm) M & RE
> (Aug.-Nov/CA).
> Medium blue; beards blue white. T3532LtBl: (White Elephant sib x
> Avalon Bay) X Welcome Aboard sib. Melrose 1990.
> (Ben Hager, R. 1989). Sdlg. T4657RfLtBl. TB 36" (91 cm) M.
> Ruffled clear light true blue; white beard. T3532LtBl: (White Elephant
> blue sib x Avalon Bay) X Welcome Aboard. Roris Gardens 1992.
> (Ben Hager, R. 1992). Sdlg. RE4657LtBl. TB 36" (91 cm) M & RE.
> "Fluted and ruffled light sky blue; beards white, tipped yellow in
> throat. T3532LtBl: ((Geometrics sib x Ice Sculpture) x Avalon Bay) X
> Welcome Reward. Melrose 1993. HM 1997"
> I know it's not very important, and it won't change the face of the
> earth, but it's worth to pass the information to John Jones who
> himself can pass it to the person who can correct the data base..
> I think the AIS Register is a FANTASTIC tool, i've been studying on it
> for 2 years now and the amount of knowledge you gradually absorb is
> tremendous!
> I feel it's my duty to add my small contribution to make it better.
> Hope i'm not the only one who feels that way!
> Loic TASQUIER     zone 6 - Nederland
>  Email : tasquierloic@cs.com
> <welcome reward71sundt.jpg><welcome aboard88hager.JPG>

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! News

World News