RE: Rebloom seedling

  • Subject: RE: Rebloom seedling
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" <fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 13:16:10 -0700

That is a beauty also.  Does Yaquina Blue carry rebloom genes?  I have a hard time getting it go grow and bloom at all here in the desert.  I have a seedling that is an excellent repeat bloomer for me.  I call it my Faux Yaquina Blue.  Its blossoms are the same size and color and similar shape, and it grows like a weed.  Its fault is its short stalks and low bloom.  I’ve been trying to get a cross between it and the real YB.  This fall I planted them side by side.  FYB has made a healthy clump.  YB may not make it at all.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9