Re: Re: HYB-how do we apply pollen?

  • Subject: Re: Re: HYB-how do we apply pollen?
  • From: Walter Pickett <waltseed2@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 18:44:52 -0800 (PST)

"Michael D. Greenfield" <mgreenfield@cinci.rr.com> wrote:

>Margie:
Yes, the pollen does stick to the cotton fibers on the q-tip
especially if you twirl it around on the stamen a bit. Hard to see the
light colored pollen, but its there.
Laetitia<

Good winter project would to dye  a bunch of q-tips a dark color to see the pollen. They should be dry by spring.

Mike G

My daughter, who spins, weaves, and knits, uses Kool-Ade to dye fiber.  But I know dyes react differently to wool and cotton.  I'll ask her if Kool-ade is a good cotton dye.
Or I could just stick a q-tip into some strong Kool-Ade and see if it fries colored, and save my daughter some time.
All kinds of Kool-Ade work, giving different colors.
Cheap and readily availible.  And if you forget and stick it in your mouth, no harm done.
Walter

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group