Re: HYB:Summer and late fall bloom

  • Subject: Re: HYB:Summer and late fall bloom
  • From: "loic tasquier" <tasquierloic@cs.com>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 19:46:36 +0100

Betty

I really apologise, and if only i could send the clouds to you, i would !

But let me tell you the rain we have here in Holland is nothing compared to where i come from, Normandie, in the North-West of France;
Ever heard of "Les parapluies de Cherbourg", "Cherbourg's umbrellas"  ?

The weather changes every fifteen minutes there, and it can rain every quarter of an hour........

Where i live now is less rainy, but still VERY wet because of the dew from the big river Waal, (Rhein or Rhin, depending on the country it crosses) half a km from the garden.
The place is so soaked that most of the time it doesn't have time to dry before the humidity comes back in the evening.

Leaf spot is NORMAL here... the iris turn all brown after the summer. I guess you would be in shock with the sight!

But the lawn is wonderfully lush and green...

loïc