Re: Reblooming today - Renewal In Chatsworth

  • Subject: Re: Reblooming today - Renewal In Chatsworth
  • From: Jan Lauritzen <janicelauritzen@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 10:57:56 -0800 (PST)

I wanted to show Renewal (Sutton 2004) blooming in my garden today but as I was photographing it I discovered that it was even more interesting usual.  It has 2 complete stalks coming out of the rhizome.  Each one has 5 buds (the terminal on the one stalk just folded this morning).  I peeled the leaves back and cannot see any joining of the stalks.  They just go into the rhizome.  Is this something that Renewal does occasionally?
Jan in Chatsworth

orders at Sutton's <orders@suttoniris.com> wrote:
hope this isn't a duplicate, my apologies am having email trouble today.

Not all our seedlings blooming right now are coming from Mtn. Sunrise
 (just a lot of them).  This one is: Spot On X ((Twice Told X Connie Sue) x
Foreign Legion).  Spot On is an '08 reblooming intro.  11 buds, 3 branches + Spur
 + Terminal.  Bottom branch has an additional bud.  Will post a picture of
Spot On after this, the other parent was posted earlier with Mtn. Sunrise.
Like the color on this too, took a side shot because it shows the blaze and
width nicely.  Some bug and cold damage, should be real nice in spring.
Mike Sutton

Do You Yahoo!?