Re: HYB: freeze survivors

  • Subject: Re: HYB: freeze survivors
  • From: "donald" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 16:01:21 -0000

Linda,

>there are a few sprigs of leaves showing up here and there on
>seedlings the same age that I was sure were dead. Those wimpy ones
>will be dug out and tossed, if/when I get around to it, unless they
>bloom first and I fall in love <g>.

Are they necessarily wimpy? The older TB MOCAMBO goes dormant in the
summer here every year. Even this year with all the rain, the foliage
nearly completely died away. It really is a pretty strong grower here,
just goes dormant after bloom and doesn't come back to life until
fall. That's relatively common among ABs, but unusual in TBs. When
conditions are really bad, VANITY does the same thing. So
unfortunately I've seen VANITY do it a lot.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA