Sweetheart Ring and rebloom

  • Subject: Sweetheart Ring and rebloom
  • From: Pearl Doyle <pdoyle@our-town.com>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 19:26:22 -0600

I normally don't get much rebloom from my iris but this has been an exceptional year. Sweetheart Ring (D. Spoon, 1995) did not bloom in the spring this year but sent up a stalk in late October. It barely missed an early frost last Tuesday night. I thought it would be the last bloom of the season but today I found a rebloom stalk on Gold Reprise (W Moores, 1987). Golden Immortal (Sutton, 1997) also has a late rebloom stalk. It has been reblooming since the last of August. We did not have the extremely hot temperatures this summer that we usually have in Texas and it rained almost every day until August. I'm sure that has contributed to my rebloom. I also supplement the rainfall from the lake we live on when it becomes necessary. Other iris that have rebloomed for me this year include:
City Lights
Bountiful Harvest
Clarence
Coral Strand
Dark Vader (extended bloom in spring)
a yellow unknown that rebloomed in a clump of Eleanor Roosevelt
a white unknown that might be Pearls of Autumn or Returning Chameleon.
       (this one has been reblooming for almost three months)
Sunny Disposition
Winesap
Witch Of Endor

JPEG image