Re: Mtn. Sunrise X Starship

  • Subject: Re: Mtn. Sunrise X Starship
  • From: "orders at Sutton's" <orders@suttoniris.com>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 07:44:23 -0800

We actually do have code numbers for the seedlings starting with a letter followed by the number it is in the field.....however these are pretty much first year blooms and as such have not had their numbers assigned yet.  That is usually a winter job here (we only get an average of 11 inches of rain per year).  The cataloging of the seedlings will be started in December so by next spring they will have numbers.  Most of what I have been posting at the moment are the seedling crosses that will start with the letter "V" followed by their appropriate numbers.  It will take two college students about 4 weeks to assign each seedling with it's code and to record them in our pedigree books.  Current crop of seedlings numbers over 50,000 so it takes a while.
Thanks for the input Loic.
Sincerely
Mike