Re: TB: HYB: clear rim on falls

  • Subject: Re: TB: HYB: clear rim on falls
  • From: "Ann Conway" <amconway@telusplanet.net>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 17:53:53 -0700

Except for structural things liked pinched falls or poor branching  it seems to me that much of what people consider defects are a matter of taste. I would personally ignore stylistic "defects" if you like the iris (and yours is very nice). I would consider very short standards a defect, but you see many named irises with short standards. Even an iris that doesn't seem like much might be fantastic in breeding. Look at Progenitor! Apparently, it didn't look like much, but produced a whole line of award winning irises! Irises have clear styles,too. Eventually the fashion may shift away from the current styles and a lot of hybridizers may regret throwing out fine irises just because they didn't  adhere to current whims.
Ann