Re: TB: HYB: clear rim on falls

  • Subject: Re: TB: HYB: clear rim on falls
  • From: smciris@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 21:54:31 EST

In a message dated 11/16/2007 1:03:08 PM Mountain Standard Time, orders@suttoniris.com writes:
Hmmmmm, well if it adds to the flower why is it a defect?  does it cause problems with flower ie. opening or twisting ?  I have an ice blue seedling that has a clear rim that I really like and have used it for breeding specifically for the rim on the standards....probably just comes down to personal preference.
Mike Sutton
Plus, the crystalline edge makes it easier to evaluate the crystalline "beads" on the blade and analyze its breeding potential.  My favorite had silver edge and beadwork.  Anyone remember the old MIRROR, MIRROR?  Just imaging its silver streak as an edging.

Sharon McAllister