Re: CULT: maiden bloom 2

  • Subject: Re: CULT: maiden bloom 2
  • From: Jan Lauritzen <janicelauritzen@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 01:07:24 -0800 (PST)

Griff,  That is a beautiful color.  The carpet padding is neutral and yet adds an interesting texture to the picture.

Unfortunately, I do not have access to the RHS charts so a number really wouldn't help me.  I did find some online a few months ago.  They were from the Azalea Society of America but I guess they all follow the same British chart.  It is a very interesting website.  You might want to visit it.

Thank you for the new photo with the padding for background.  It did help to see the color.

Jan in Chatsworth

"J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net> wrote:
Jan  --  You've succeeded in making me find the right background to make the camera record reality.  This shot is taken against a piece of carpet padding, and the color (at least on my monitor) is the accurate color.  It corresponds to 72A on the RHS charts, as well as I can determine.  I've been looking fruitlessly for a conversion document I recently obtained that might match that number with a color.  Well, when and if I find it  --  and if it has a color assigned to this number  --  I'll post it.  --  Griff

Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2007 1:59 PM
Subject: Re: [iris-photos] CULT: maiden bloom 2

Very nice, Griff.  Is it this color or closer to the lighter one in your styles closeup?

Jan

"J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net> wrote:
Here's another aspect of 064G1, just sent.  --  Griff