Re: Reblooming SA variegata

  • Subject: Re: Reblooming SA variegata
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 17:57:42 -0500

Mike,

In my area, a high % of rebloom in any cross is rare.  Even Feed Back x Violet Miracle only gave 2 rebloomers, and the prettiest one bloomed out.  The second best was introduced as STAR GATE.  I feel sure that several of the siblings would have rebloomed in CA.  In the Star Gate X Matrix cross, I've had 3 put up fall stalks, so far.  They were planted the first week of June 2007.

<<Unusual for a TB cross to have 100% RE sibs...here anyway.>>
I've not used Tropical Delight, but I've seed in the pots from (2316) Mountain Sunrise x Decadence.  I mention this because Mountain Sunrise contains Tropical Delight.  Then, Tropical Delight is half Sweet Musette. I have beautiful seedlings from Sweet Musette x Memphis Miss--very rewarding.  Unfortunately the rewards have not been in rebloom.

I'll send some winter days daydreaming about the children of 2316 and others!  Sometimes, I think it's what I do best.

Betty W.