Re: HYB: Blues
  • Subject: Re: HYB: Blues
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 06:14:52 -0500

It will be exciting to see results from those, Griff.

> The parentage is Stealth Fighter X Ranks of Blue. If I can cross it with 012A5 (G952N2:(Holy Night x Best Bet) X Dusky Challenger), there'll be rebloomers on both sides, as well as the rich blues. -- Griff

I've tried to mix DUSKY CHALLENGER genes with rebloomers here, but the
climate/weather hasn't been cooperative. One batch of IMM X DC is ok as
an intermediate step, but so far, not fertile either way for me. I keep
playing with my fertile DC children (DUSKY GRAPE & sib) instead, trying
to at least get some of those genes mixed in. Seeds in the fridge from
DUSKY GRAPE X RENOWN this year - the seeds don't look very good so
probably another flop, & b'sides, the cross goes the wrong way for best
chances of rebloom.

Anyway, really glad to see you are working on getting us a nice DC line

Any chance you will introduce 012A5?

Linda Mann east TN USA zone 7