Re: Blooming today
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com

Hi All;

On November the 8th I was out cleaning up for winter in our garden and had a tragic accident with an iris we had been waiting to see blossom for weeks:

As I had been patiently waiting to make my contribution to the above topic, this was indeed a major blow.

However, I took the main stem into the house and dropped it in water to see if it would still give us a bloom and it did:

Up to this point the only rebloomer that performed for us in fall had been Immortality on a yearly basis, around Halloween.  This year we split the plant up and didn't get fall bloom, so now we hold our breath again, giving the individual plants time to settle in.

As Sunshine and Snow was taking so very long to open the bud, we think that it wouldn't have blossomed if left out in the colder weather.  It is nice to know that if we are going below freezing temperatures where the blossoms won't survive, I can rescue the scapes by bringing them indoors, although the point was to have a garden display. )-;

For us, Immortality will bloom both spring and fall, but our experience with Sunshine and Snow is the same as Jean's below where it didn't bloom earlier in the year.  Interesting.