Re: HYB: seed germination
  • Subject: Re: HYB: seed germination
  • From: "d7432da" <donald@txol.net>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 01:10:46 -0000

That sounds good, Chad. I've puzzled over it for a few years. I tried to link it to day length at first, but that didn't seem quite right. The temps have been really warm when the fall germination began, yet warm temps and longer days shut them down in the spring.

Weather here is so erratic, it's hard to predict what conditions the seeds will be exposed to for any length of time. The process I've worked out that has resulted in much better germination rates means I have germination occurring from fall, thru winter and into the cool part of spring. But they shut off germination quickly in spring when temps stay warm for too many days and nights.