Re: Re: HYB: Breeding strategies
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: Re: HYB: Breeding strategies
  • From: Betty Wilkerson <Autmirislvr@aol.com>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2011 09:11:06 -0400 (EDT)

Here's a confession. I have several really good rebloom seedlings, but
they don't have the form or other qualities that I require. Between
them, they contain most of the stronger rebloomers. Maybe I should
combine several of these and see if something worthwhile shows up?
Line breed, perhaps? Or near. It's worth a try.

I've used these, but usually with seedlings that contain rebloom but
haven't rebloomed here. Pretty faces.

<<It's not as easy as the numbers would indicate>>

When I study other lines, say Keppel, Ghio & Blyth, I notice a lot of
linage that looks like line breeding to me. Of course, it's used a lot
to improve patterns, colors etc..

Betty Wilkerson
Zone 6 KY
autmirislvr@aol.com