Re: HYB: Matrix sdlgs spring 2011
  • Subject: Re: HYB: Matrix sdlgs spring 2011
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 07:59:13 -0500

Thanks, Robert. I made a cross or two several years ago with MATRIX
that were really bad - weak, unhealthy, retro. So I had a pretty dim
view of her as a parent, but Walter Moores kept encouraging me to use it
for width, so I've tried a few more crosses in the past few years. It
is another one of those that sometimes gives better looking, sometimes
worse, depending on the partner.

Here's one of the MATRIX X GYPSY LORD kids. Nothing to write home
about, and not healthy enough to suit me, so I probably won't use any of
these for anything. Unless they surprise me and rebloom. The MAT X GIR
kids are much better (healthier). Not sure about them yet - 2011 was

TEA LEAVES X MATRIX are surprisingly good, given the cross, but I can't
find photos. Sure gave nice width combined with FINAL EPISODE.

<Linda, Hard to believe that Matrix would produce something as nice as
your first bloom. I was tired of Matrix in my flower beds and dug it up
this last summer, and put it in our rhizome sale in August . Again very

Anyway, just depends on the cross...

Linda Mann east TN USA zone 7

JPEG image