Re: Answer to Linda's Matrix seedling photo Nov. 22
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: Answer to Linda's Matrix seedling photo Nov. 22
  • From: Betty Wilkerson <Autmirislvr@aol.com>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 09:04:46 -0500 (EST)

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the thought. If Fiery Temper blooms right for me this
spring I will cross several things with it. It's a late bloomer here
and Star Gate is the only rebloomer open late enough to match up.
Often the temperatures are too high by then for success. Nothing I've
tried has taken.

My program focuses on rebloom and I'm trying to test the value of
Matrix as it contributes to form and rebloom. Others have workded on
it, too. I've not particularly liked most of the lighter things I've
produced and was wondering about using it in my dark, navy, black and
red, lines.

'Fiery Temper' is half 'Romantic Evening' and I have successfully used
RE, and it's children, in the rebloom lines. I like the results I'm
getting.

I have been doing a bit of color mixing. I'll never learn it all, but
I'm having a lot of fun trying!

Betty Wilkerson
Zone 6 KY
autmirislvr@aol.com