Re: Photo of TB City of Lincoln
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: Photo of TB City of Lincoln
  • From: BJ <jacksonb@mymts.net>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 10:06:22 -0600

Thanks, Robert.  I never thought to look there.  I originally got it when our area was moved to region 21 of AIS.

BJ in SW MB

Sent from BJ's iPad

On Nov 26, 2011, at 9:58 AM, robert sutton <20060sutton@gmail.com> wrote:

BJ
Perhaps you might like the site- www.hips-roots.com/photos/city-of-lincoln1-mu.html.

On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 7:41 AM, robert sutton <20060sutton@gmail.com> wrote:
Bj,
I noticed several pics on the internet, they seem to agree with your photo. Cooley's catalogue of 1940 shows City of Lincoln HIP Sass 1936, TB 40" M Y9D "Brightest largest and surely the finest of all true varegatas. Clear golden yellow standards, broad fiery red falls, startling in their contrast". National Gardens catalogue 1942 further states " down falling falls of velvety bright chestnut-red, conspicuous bright orange beard"
So I think you have yourself a fine historical.