HYB: seedling pigment? [1 Attachment]
  • Subject: HYB: seedling pigment? [1 Attachment]
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 08:17:27 -0500

I'm not sure what pigments are in this one. Parents were both
anthocyanin on white,

pod was bluish purple zonal from an anthocyanin amoena seedling (from
IMM X Celebration Song) X Seakist

pollen was Center Ice (pure white with blue rim)

The bloom looks pinkish tan yellowish brown. I thought it was probably
a mix of yellow and anthocyanin, but an overnight soak in 91% isopropyl
alcohol barely changed the color - no blue in the soak water, a tiny bit
of yellow maybe, not sure of that.

Not totally surprised the soak didn't extract all the yellow, but not
sure what to make of what didn't soak out? I've had lots of beards that
took several days of soaking to remove all the yellow pigments, but
never a petal before.

Linda Mann

JPEG image