re: HYB: seedling pigment? (54172)
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: re: HYB: seedling pigment? (54172)
  • From: Donald Eaves <donald@txol.net>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 21:20:55 -0600

I hope you find an answer. I wouldn't have thought you'd have the color
shown without some anthocyanin. That is the pigment that's soluble with
alcohol, isn't it? Maybe that bloom is just more yellow than it appears
to be in your photo, but when things get toast colored and start veering
into brown tones I've always thought that was due anthocyanin being
present. Maybe Chuck will see the post.

Yahoo, or someone has changed things again. I couldn't reply directly
to the message even after I logged into the group area. Maybe this won't
work either.

Donald Eaves
donald@txol.net
Texas in the permanent drought portion of Zone 7