Re: HYB: seedling pigment? [1 Attachment]
  • Subject: Re: HYB: seedling pigment? [1 Attachment]
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 09:18:46 -0500

I just looked at the remaining folded petals again, and the shoulders
are heavily pigmented with anthocyanin (from the throat to the end of
the beard). None showing on the rest of the petal. There's enough
pigment on the shoulders to account for what showed up in the hot water.

So I'm back to not knowing what to make of this one.

Nearly useless photo - no sun today, this is indoors with flash on a
white background. Veins have a lot of anthocyanin, but also between the
veins on the shoulders. Hard to believe that beard doesn't have
lycopene, but all the pigment soaked out in alcohol.

JPEG image