Re: CULT:true rebloom?

In a message dated 10/18/2000 11:01:07 PM Central Daylight Time,
harold@directcon.net writes:

<<  fails to bloom in the Spring of /00, then blooms in 10/00, is this
considered rebloom, anyhow? >>

Sally, what is the name of this iris?  Curious people, like me, want to know.

In order to bloom in the fall, an iris has to carry rebloom genes.  It may
never bloom in the fall again, for you.  In that case, it would be classified
as a sporatic rebloomer.  These often thrill people with fall bloom but can't
be depended on to rebloom every year. I'll never forget the fall that MY
VALENTINE bloomed in the public display garden about 6 weeks after it was
planted.  I had donated the plant, but I drove past the garden as often as
possible to view the bloom.  To my knowledge, it never bloomed in the fall

Betty / Bowling Green KY USA  Zone 6
Only those who dare to dream can make a dream come true.

40% off fares on
the best airlines
at Hotwire.