Re: CULT:African Iris?

In a message dated 10/22/00 11:17:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jdsoper@tcsn.net writes:

<< A local nursery is selling a African Iris (Moraea Ididioides) Having never
heard of I and I not being in bloom I bought it.
 Only later did I find out it was a "fortenight lily". So unless you want a
fortenight lily don't but an African Iris.  >>

John,
     "African Iris" and "Fortnight Lily" are two names for the same plant.  I
don't know what climate you are in, but the Morea iridoides does very well
here, as does a species with yellow blooms.

Mark A. Cook
BigAlligator@aol.com
Dunnellon, Florida.

eGroups eLerts