Re: Re: Fw: FRENCH CATALOG-IRIS EN PROVENCE

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: Fw: FRENCH CATALOG-IRIS EN PROVENCE
  • From: "Francesca R. Thoolen" <irisgirl2@home.com>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 23:27:41 -0700

Yes, the Anfossos grow them as well as you see on photos. I visited their
garden about 1995 when we did a tour in France by car. We arrived in Cannes,
visited Nice then motored on to their place just outside of the town of
Hyeres. Pierre and Monique, his wife, their son Pierre Christian and his
wife, Vivette and their daughter Laura are all involved as well as one other
non-family member. Vivette is the main office 'administrator'. They each
have their special lines they like to work on as well as grow other well
known hybridizers' irises. They were most hospitable when we visited them.
Of course my having been raised in France during the ages of 13-18, we
naturally spoke in French as our choice of language but I think they may
know more English than they admit to especially the children. Glad you
enjoyed their web site.

Francesca
irisgirl2@home.com