Re: Re: Name, rank and serial number

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: Name, rank and serial number
  • From: Mike Ayers <otisburg426@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 11:50:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hi!  Adding to what's already been posted, I did find:

DUALTONE (no space) (O. Brown, R. 1977) Sdlg 73-2AB.
TB, 36" (91 cm), M.   S. light apricot (RHS
18C)flushed pink; F. light sea lavender-violet (85C),
smooth touch of bronze on shoulders; marigold orange
beard tipped blue.

There is also an iris called:

INDIGLOW (Schortman, R. 1957)Sdlg 5156.  TB, 34", M-L.
  Violet blue self, orange to blue beard.  Sdlg 036.

PRIVATE RESERVE (J.T. Aitken, R. 1993) Sdlg. 86T50.
TB, 36" (91 cm), M.  Ruffled wine red; beards violet
tipped white; slight fragrance.

ROMAN SONG (Barry Blyth, R 1993) Sdlg Z72-1.  TB, 36",
EM.  S. pastel pink; F. white ground, rosy lavender
plicata stitching and rose centerline; beards pastel
apricot; ruffled.

SNOW GODDESS (J. Becherer, R. 1952) TB, 40", M.  White
self, blue flush.

VOODOO SPELL  (Barry Blyth, R. 1995)  Sdlg A107-2.
TB, 34", EM.  S cream, flushed mushroom, slightly
deeper cream edge; F mushroom coffee, deepening toward
haft; beards pale lavender, heavily tipped bronze;
ruffled; slight sweet fragrance.

WILD GINGER (J. Gibson, R. 1960)  118-7PTA.  TB, 36"
EM.  S burnt umber, sanded orchid; F white, golden
brown stitching, sanded orchid at edges.

Monitoring Service trial