Re: CULT: MED: Seedlings

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] CULT: MED: Seedlings
  • From: "Francesca R. Thoolen" <irisgirl2@home.com>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 09:59:42 -0700

Mike, Remember that SDBs are hybrids of TB X PUM or descendants of TB X PUM.
If you are familiar with pumilas, you will know that their natural growth
pattern has great increases from the start. This is why when you see them in
bloom in the East where they are a mass of blooms. I would imagine that your
seedlings may have inherited that particular trait from the pumila
ancestors. I find the same think happening in the APs (aril-pums) but to a
more delicate degree since they do not have the TB size and vigor influence
but they have instead inherited the aril parents influence, some of which
may have passed on their delicate appearance to the APs.

Francesca