Re: Re: CULT: MED: seedling

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: CULT: MED: seedling
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" <fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 17:25:52 -0600

That looks like the beginning of the pineappling, bloom-out syndrome.  I have a lot of it here in hot southern Arizona.  I didn't know it is also found in cooler countries.  I am still studying it to see how it can be minimized.  I know it can be maximized by too much heat and fertilizer.  Celebration Song is one of the worst to do that and it passes the tendency along to many of its seedlings.
Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9