Re: CULT: MED: Seedlings

> Some photos of fans on some SDB seedlings that sprouted this spring.
> Has anyone seen this type of growth before? Referring to the main
fan and on
> some of the increases. Almost like a short stalk with leaves coming
out. Lot
> of the SDB are this way but no TB seedlings have this type of growth.
> Mike Greenfield
> redear@i...
> SW OH Zone 5b, USA

I have often seen this with SDB seedlings in their first year. After
that they look normal. I have never thought much about the cause but
would guess that it is late germinating seeds that grow exceptionally
 well during the season. Could also have something to do with how deep
the seed (or plant) is planted. Perfectly normal and nothing to be
concerned about.

Chuck Chapman Guelph Ontario, zone 4/5. Frost has cut down rebloom but
having a spell of warm weather. In t-shirt yesterday.

Monitoring Service trial