Re: Spring Iris Show Ideas

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Spring Iris Show Ideas
  • From: mdmoger@netscape.net
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 18:24:13 -0000

I have been Show chair for The Inland Iris Society for 7 years.  We
don't have many arrangers so encouraging participation is a must.  If
you have many advanced arrangers then descriptions can be
challenging, ask them what they think.  I have found that 'Arranger's
Choice' leaves the most flexibility.  Any container and design style
can be used.  Only the design name gives guidance.   For novices this
seems like madness but finding containers and pinholders (frogs) is
difficult, time consuming and expensive.   Every word in a
description restricts and eliminates potential designs because of
lack of containers, iris color, etc.   The design class I received
the most favorable feed back from was "Vegtables" - Aranger's
Choice.  Several new arrangers entered because it inspired them.

Hope this helps.

--- In iris-photos@y..., Janice Frizzell <jfrizzell@t...> wrote:
> I was volunteered/drafted to co-chair our Spring 2002 iris show and
> wondering if the photo group folks could give me some pointers or
tips on
> show arrangements.
> I really need descriptions of arrangements that have been used in
the past.
> I know you have to have a description of arrangements for form,
color, other
> objects allowed etc so the judges know what to look for in the
> We have our theme but those descriptions are really hard to come up
> Please feel free to email me any suggestions regarding other iris
> areas. I have never co-chaired a show, just entered irises, so this
is all
> new to me and I want to do a really good job.
> thanks for the help,
> janice

Epil Stop & Spray Painless Hair Removal. Spray on and wife off!
Just $24.95 at Youcansave.com