[PHOTO] Dark Vader | Wed, 2 Oct 2002 15:57:56" />

[PHOTO] Dark Vader

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Dark Vader
  • From: alhbee@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 16:57:41 EDT

Is Dark Vader a rebloomer?  I bought it as Dark Vader. If I remember right it was marked rebloomer. However, since registration did not mention reblooming I put it in a spring bloomer bed.

I have Dark Vader or a reasonable facsimile blooming. I searched the archives and surprisingly Steve Szabo reported a rebloomer on D. V.  Steve is just down the road and across the highway a piece, maybe three miles.

Does the local red clay force a rebloomer in attempt to continue the species? One of those do or die dramas. I bought mine at a club sale in 2000. If Steve bought his at the sale we have the same problem.  If he did not buy at the sale, we have an aberration. A volunteer remontant!

After twenty years in the army, my rule is not to volunteer. Gets you into sticky situations. ;>)

Al Bullock
Z7 No VA

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor