Re: Mid rhizome rot attack/Eaves

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Mid rhizome rot attack/Eaves
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 21:34:16 EDT

In a message dated 10/2/2002 7:42:12 PM Central Daylight Time, oneofcultivars@aol.com writes:

Will the whole plant continue to get rot and die now?

I expect the pictured rhizome to succumb to the rot but I am often surprised. I will attempt to intervine in the rots progression in some way. I have not decided with what. I have tried some weird stuff and am still looking for the magic.

Based on previous post by Eaves and Moores I expect to try some form of antibiotic. Probably what ever I can find in the refrigerator or medicine cabinet.

Among the weird was easy-off oven cleaner. It hardened the first 3/8 inch of infected rhizome end to which it was applied. However, the rot progressed into the leaf end of the rhizome and it died.

Bill Burleson 7a/b
Old South Iris Society

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor